Holy shit, it returns. Purple Jesus Diaries Fantasy Football League 2011 is ready to kick off, and we're looking for new owners. Find out how to apply after the jump ...
Haha, just kidding. If you want to know how to join the league you have to read the whole post. First, we're going to recap.
PJD opened our first fantasy football league in 2010 with 10 inaugural owners. To say that this football league and the subsequent weekly posts (Example can be found HERE) was the most successful thing this blog has ever accomplished would be an understatement. Unless of course you count increasing everyone's fascination with shirtless men, but that's only been in the last couple of months or so. Fantasy league wins.
Throughout last year we had many ups and downs, but eventually Cheesehead WisconsinRob came (out) on top and took home the prize: A shirt of his choosing from the ever expanding PJD Merchandise store. Should we sell ties next? We'll look into it. If I remember correctly, WinsconsinRob chose the Jay Cutler shirt, likely in an extra large. But hey, he won the league because the other owners were all a bunch of morons, so he gets what he wants. Congrats.
But now it is time to defend his title, and defend he will; WisconsinRob is hungry for another t-shirt to hang on his wall of victory. But YOU can help stop him! ... Also, I like where this is going, turning him into a league-wide villain. We should build on this ... At this point, invites have been sent out to all previous owners. Thus far, only six have re-upped with at least one known owner not being able to due to vacation. This means there may be more than some extra slots for new owners to jump in, and if you want to compete with the worst of the best of the worst, here's how you can do it.
- Online Moniker, and Link to your Twitter Account if You Have One:
- Potential Fantasy Team Name:
- Worst Fantasy Draft Pick of Your Life:
- Coolest Thing You've Ever Won:
- Most Hated Vikings Player:
- Favorite Viking or Football Memory:
- Your Go-To Spanking Material (Ladies submitting can obviously reference men. Hell, men can reference men for all I care).
- Finally, please attach a photo we can use to identify you, preferably the one you would use for your team avatar.
- The league page is public now, so any random Joe/Jane/Guido can see the standings and watch my precipitous fall from grace, week by week. Find the league HERE, and make sure you bookmark it for some reason!
- We've decided that this year, PJD's team name will appropriately be titled "PJD's Shirtless Men." I like this one.
- The divisions have been renamed as well. This year, participants will find themselves in either the "Brandon Bernard Lovers" division or the Jullius Allen Bangers" division. Really, there are no winners.
- Scoring is still pretty much the same, but as a reminder it's heavy on touchdowns, less on yards. We did add negative points now for interceptions and fumbles, so watch out for Cutlerfucker and his ilk. Oh, and totally don't draft Purple Jesus before me, he fumbles ALL the time, it'd be totally a bad move, seriously.
- The draft is online at Yahoo!.com and is currently set for a time of Sunday, August 28 at 7:30 PM CST. I am open to moving the time if people would like, but Yahoo! is a bunch of cunts about how they schedule their online drafting. The other option would be to share a Google Spreadsheet and draft whenever we want, as long as assholes don't draft people already taken. I hate that. LET ME KNOW YOUR DRAFT TIME PREFERENCE IN THE COMMENTS, PLEASE, THANK YOU.
I don't actually think there is anything else new. We recap the week in the league here on Wednesdays typically, so check those out during the season. There have been some new shirts added to the Merchandise store, so start browsing those to figure out what booty you desire. Beyond that good luck, and let's get this shit started.
Oh, and DEATH TO THE PACKER FAN!!!
So am I in??? I emailed you on the 10th and you confirmed you got it. The suspense is killing me!!! LOL And so is Ryan Cook and his drive stalling penalties!!!!!
I'm planning on emailing you when I get around to it. :P Can't have a Packer fan win again, just ain't right. :D
hey i sent you an email PJD im ready for fantasy shit and im gonna rock this bitch (bitch rocking subject to football knowledge and actual skill of the players)!!!
You should make it a requirement to not be a puss and send in a pic in winning shirt....or else you're not allowed to win.
@feistyfan This is a good point. So far, Feisty Fan is the only person with any balls around here, which is ironic, considering she has a Hoo-Ha. Supposedly.
Can I invite a Packer fan who used up their beginner's luck last year by inexplicably drafting Arian Foster even though I had bumped him up in my auto-pick list to apply? She can hate on the Vikings with the best of them (I guess that's us).
@Qommie Invite whoever you want. I'm picking new people arbitrarily based on breast size.
@Qommie *SUPER CREEPY NOT SERIOUS COMMENT WARNING* I don't mind ketchup on my hot dog as long as the bun is tight.
@feistyfan which goal? to talk trash or try to beat me. I don't think I have ever had 2 girls both coming after me... so this sounds intriguing.
@MikeFromWinnipeg You can have the win, your wife will be really impressed. I was probably on my period.
@Qommie I'm the guy who came in 2nd... I just checked... we played in week 3 last season... I won 79-58. 21 pts? Sounds like I was playing a girl :P
@MikeFromWinnipeg yeah, who the hell were you? I remember some Canadian, but I never paid attention to them.
@CollegeWolf Follow the rules then, dude.
@PJD@CollegeWolf The questions are pretty tough to answer. Examples: "Worst Fantasy Draft Pick of Your Life: Troy Williamson" Now this was Troy's last year & I took him in the last round. Okay still a shitty pick. "Most Hated Vikings Player:" We have cut Madieu & FatKinnie... With the "mathematician" & "swinging gate" off the team now it is tough. We all dis Brandon Bernard enough... lets think of someone new.. I guess any white running back without an apostrophe in his name? "Favorite Viking or Football Memory: The birth of Purple Jesus" This was before I was born... can this be considered a memory?
@PJD Oh, believe me I am.
@CollegeWolf To all people worried about playing the fooosball because they are worried what their moma's might say. My mother told me not to get a tattoo of Roy Orbison. But what mama's don't know won't hurt them. I trust you'll make the right decision.